Makes 4 sliders
- 6oz 93% lean ground turkey
- Paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, pepper, diced bell peppers
- 3-4oz Cheese (any type, I like crumbled blue or goat cheese)
- 1-2 Large (FAT) sweet potatoes
- Baby spinach leaves
- Set oven to 400F.
- Slice sweet potato horizontally to create the “buns” (~1 inch thick)
- Place sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 17-20 min until fork tender and golden
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey with bell peppers and seasonings and cheese
- Form 4 small equal sized patties
- Spray a skillet (OR grill) with olive oil and set on medium heat and cook until cooked through.
Assembly: sweet potato bun > lettuce > turkey patty > sweet potato bun
Add any other toppings you’d like! (Caramelized onions, avocado, tomato, etc.)